Saturday, October 23, 2010

So... where I have been!?


Oh how long it's been... I've been away from my blog for ages. Well, I was a *bit* busy having a BABY and all.

Desmond James Goertz was born on August 26,2010. He was 6lbs 11oz and 19 inches long. About 15 hours after birth, a nurse was checking his vitals and noticed a heart murmur. Long story short, we have a slightly "imperfect" baby boy - he was diagnosed with an Aortic Stenosis and went through a cardiac cath balloon proceedure on October 15th (at 8 weeks old) to help alleviate the problem. Eventually he'll need a replacement valve, but they are hoping to stave it off for as long as possible. He got through the procedure GREAT and is doing well - eating like crazy and growing ginourmous! So, now that I am no longer pregnant and I am out of classes this year (had to take a year out of school to have Desmond), I can finally resume my blogging and decorating hobby!


Liam is almost 3 now, and with the new addition, the house is in disarray. Yet, more than ever I am designing in my head and have lots to write about here. Looking forward to having some discussions and sharing!

2 comments:

  1. Your boys are so adorable! You need to do a house tour..........especially since you just finished the hutch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Miss Jill - C'mon over! I'm always home!

    ReplyDelete